TWEF is a non-profit organization geared towards helping families, from all walks of life; reach their fullest potential in the areas of business, education, finances, and socio-economic status. The focus of programming is therefore on the whole family; men, women, and youth. The Foundation works to achieve these goals by sponsoring successful programs aimed at helping families achieve and maintain a sense of empowerment that manifests itself through life performance.
- TWEF is on the Board of Directors for the Houston Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.
- TWEF offers a number of dynamic programs, seminars and events, such as the Eagle Scholars Student Enrichment Program which seeks to facilitate after school enrichment workshops as a mechanism of prevention, intervention, empowerment, mentorship and academic and social preparation among academically challenged students, special needs students and developing student leaders. TWEF hosts an annual Financial and Leadership Summit that enables entrepreneurs’ instant access to the connections, the tools and resources to take their business, relationships and life to the next level”
- TWEF’s mentoring programs, seminars and educational workshops are housed at the Empowerment Community Center which was built in 2006, by Dr. Deavra Daughtry.
OUR ACHIEVEMENTS (continued)
- TWEF has received several proclamations and recognitions including:
- Certificate of Congressional Recognition from the Houston Housing and Community Developing Department “National Community Development Week”
- The 2008 National Power Networking Award Sponsored by Delta Airlines
- The 2008 NAACP Presidential Award for community service
- The 2009 Community Service Award from University of Texas
Through TWEF workshops, seminars and back to school programs since inception.
TWEF awards scholarships to young people for continuing education.
NATIONS AROUND THE WORLD
TWEF was inducted into the International Third World Leaders Association (ITWLA) which is comprised of 80 nations around the world empowering 3rd World Countries.
THE YEAR TWEF EXPANDED GLOBAL REACH
TWEF expanded global reach in 2006 with the launching of the “International Global Leadership Summit” featuring Dr. Myles Munroe, which attracted attendees from all over the world.