Eagle-TEC/Geo is designed to give students grades 8-12 grade the chance to travel the country, meet inspiring people, and learn about opportunities for careers in the geosciences.
Students meet during the summer visiting universities and institutions that specialize in geosciences technologies and visiting several locations of geologic significance around the United States. They learn about the geosciences from their backyards in Texas to Utah, Arizona, Oregon, and Florida, as well as in museums and organizations in Washington DC.
Places to visit:
- The University of Texas at Austin’s Jackson School of Geosciences.
- UT Marine Science Institute
- Southwest Texas Junior College
- Everglades National Park
- Port Aransas, TX
- Corpus Christi Pass
Places To Visit (continued)
- Washington D.C-Smithsonian Museums (Air & Space, Natural History)
- Guadalupe Mountains National Park
- Crater Lake, OR
- The Grand Canyon
- Sunset Crater National Monument
- Inner Space Caverns
- Edwards Aquifer
- Introduce students to a number of geological concepts.
- That science can be fun.
- Teach students that everywhere you go, you can find something of
- geological interest.
Thanks to the generosity of our sponsors, the program is free with all expenses paid for admitted students.